Sivut

tiistai 20. joulukuuta 2011

Lime Crime.

Sain postissa tässä kuussa synttärilahjaksi Lime Crimen uudet huulikiillot (kiitos armas), joten ajattelin arvostella ja testata niitä julkisesti. Kirjoitan entryn huonolla englannilla, jotta sen voi jakaa muille tuotteesta kiinnostuneille.


I usually write in finnish, but today I decided to write this one in english. As a birthday gift I got my Carousel Glosses from Lime Crime, so here's what I think about them!

First I noticed that the packaging looks so pretty and candylike, and they all smelled really good. And they're big, so they will last for long time even if you use them daily. I tried them all in one evening, but for this entry I try them again and put my heart in it!

Photobucket

They're very pigmented and I don't know if the pigments are different in red colours and in other bold colours, but the blue, purple and gold gloss felt like those cheap lipglosses you bought when you were like 8 years old. Those cheap glosses promised vinyl shine, so they were thick and sticky. But when you want dark lips, it's good that the colour sticks to your lips as long as possible, and I don't think it would if they felt as smooth and silky as some red colours. My absolute favourites are the red ones, Candy Apple and Cherry On Top.

They have five different Carousel Glosses: Candy Apple (dark red), Cherry On Top (red), Golden Ticket (gold), Kaleidoskope (purple) and Loop-de-Loop (blue). I thought that the photos were lying and the glosses don't have so much glitter, but yes they do. And when you put those dark colours on your lips, they really are dark and you don't have to apply like hundreds of layers to get the shade right. The minus is that it's hard to find any lipliners to match with those weird colours, so you have to have a steady hand or you have to think about another solution for lining your lips. The brushes are pretty thick, so it's a challenge to be precise.

I apologize for the bad pictures, my camera ate some of the glitter and some of the colours, but maybe you get the point! And I wrote this at 5 AM, so sorry for the lack of imagination and all the mistakes.


Loop-de-Loop

Photobucket

This was the first one I tried. Last time I had any blue lipcolour was when I was a kid and I wanted to have a blue lipstick for halloween. And when I used it in other events my mother would say, that it's the ugliest colour ever. So of course when I received my package which includes blue colour I tried it immediately!

Blue doesn't suit me at all, I look like a clown wearing it on my lips. I have a yellow skintone and my eyes are green, so blue just isn't for me. The gloss was sticky and thick, but it stays okay. But you have to apply it all day long, if you like the colour to be bold and vibrant. And you might get stuck to someone or something, if your lips touch them. Colour was dark and bold, but I'm not a fan of that thick lipcolours. I'll still be using this blue one when I play around with my make-up and maybe in some photoshoots. This one need a liner, you can't find blue LIPliner, but blue eyeliners are available in almost all stores.

Colour: 4/5
Comfort: 2,5/5
Durability: 3/5

Photobucket
Black liner, Loop-de-Loop and tapped some light silver eyeshadow in the middle.



Kaleidoskope

Photobucket

Whoa, a dark purple glittery gloss! I love purple colours, so I was excited to try this one out. It wasn't at sticky as the blue one, but still pretty sticky and thick. And I noticed, that you can layer this one by tapping it with your fingers over your other lipcolour. Takes a little practice to apply more sheer coat of this, but it goes well with some lipstick that have purple undertone or if you want to mix it with red ones. And when put more layers of this, the shade is as dark as promised and has a lot of glitter in it. But the same minus as the blue one: You really can't find a lipliner in this colour from a regular store, so you have to be precise or think another way to line your lips. You can use eyeliner, but I can't recommend it, because they're ment to put on your eyes, not lips.

Colour: 4/5
Comfort: 3/5
Durability: 3/5

Photobucket
Black liner, Kaleidoskope and some light pink eyeshadow in the middle.



Golden Ticket


Photobucket

This is the gold one and it'll be in use almost everytime I'll put on some red lipstick. It makes beautiful shades when applyed in the middle of the lips on top of other colour. If you put this one alone on your lips, it's not as bold as the other glosses and you can see your natural lip colour trough it. It's pretty thick, but not as thick as the blue one which felt like you have glue on your lips. The texture is a little bit different compared to the other carousel glosses. This has a lot of potential when mixed with other colours, so if you need something special to pop up your red lips or something, this could be the lipgloss to buy. I usually apply some eyeshadow on top of my lipcolour for different shades, but it's nice to have a lipgloss which does the same. Maybe Lime Crime could launch a silver lipgloss too? And I think Make Up Store has a golden eyeliner, I don't know if it's safe to use on your lips, but that's the only gold liner I can think of,

Colour: 2/5
Comfort: 3/5
Durability: 2/5

Photobucket


Cherry On Top

Photobucket

This one is the lighter red which has some weird undertones. I'm not sure should I call it light red, almost pink or maybe it has some coral undertones in it too? Nice colour anyway and it's great shade for everyday use. You can apply this straight to your lip with the brush and it blends fine with your natural lipcolour. You don't have to line your lips if you don't want to. It's not that sticky and when you apply it in the morning you don't have to go fix it every 10 minutes, it worns out nicely and evenly and still your lips will have that pinkish colour in them. This one goes matt if you don't apply it more during the day. Sometimes lipcolours tend to wear out unevenly, but this one doesn't.

Colour: 5/5
Comfort: 4/5
Durability: 5/5

Photobucket


Candy Apple

Photobucket

And toooo my favourite! When I saw a picture of this one I thought that there can't be a gloss that has so much glitter, beautiful bold colour and could last more than 5 minutes on my lips. This one does last and it really is the shade that the picture promises. I usually eat my lipstick or lipgloss so that there's nothing left when you check your make up after a while. This one lasts and when it wears of it just leaves a matt red colour which looks like it was ment to look like that. This colour looks the best when you line your lips because the colour is pretty dark. But everyone has a red lipliner, yeah? So that's not a problem. And it's not too sticky, just feels like you have a lipstick on. I'm amazed.

Colour: 5/5
Comfort: 4/5
Durability: 5/5

Photobucket
Candy Apple and Golden Ticket in the middle.


And what to do, when you have a dark
lipstick/lipgloss and you don't know how to apply it?


My trick is to find some kind of grey liner, that goes well with almost every colour. And you really can't see the liner under the dark lipcolour. And almost everyone has some pink tones near their lips, so what to do with them? I use white liner to line my lips (or more like next to my lips) and blend it. You can also use some concealer to get the red tones away. It looks pretty awful, if you're wearing a cold shade on your lips and you can still see the pink tones next to your lips. Noone has a perfectly shaped lips, so lining and concealing is the key to get your lipcolour to pop up! ~



Photobucket

Merry Xmas to all and have a nice holiday with your loved ones!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hyvää joulua kaikille PUSMOI :*

4 kommenttia:

  1. Kiva kun arvostelit noin huolellisesti :) Kohta varmaan sorrun itsekin tilaamaan ainakin jomman kumman punaisista sävyistä, olen katsellut niitä jo aiemmin, mutta nyt into vaan kasvaa.

    Oikein hyvää & rauhallista joulua! Blogiasi on tosi mukavaa lukea, toivottavasti jatkat sen kirjoittamista myös ensi vuonna :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Joo nuo punaset on kyllä tosi hyviä, jos ostaa marketista kirkkaanpunasta huulikiiltoa, niin siinä on vaan ujo sävy. Noi jättää sävyn koko päiväksi, vaikka kiillon söiski pois. Ja ne tuntuu mukavalle, eli jos ne joskus koskaan loppuu, niin haluan ehdottomasti lisää!

    Ja hyvää joulua sinnekin, toki heti tulee joulun jälkeen suuret joulufiilistelyt ja kuvapläjäykset :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hyvin sujuu sulta enkkukin. :) ja nätit on kuvat.
    Mukavaa joulunaikaa ja elukoille rapsutuksia! <3

    VastaaPoista
  4. Kiitoksia, hyvää joulua sinnekin <3

    VastaaPoista